Friday, October 1, 2010

sheet metal decor

In Brooklyn especially, tin ceilings are absolutely everywhere. I get it. Drama and vintage appeal for little labor and little money. A quick fix for a restauranteur wanting to tap into the vintage, cool category. This style is distinctly American and was extremely popular in the 1890s. The tin is very durable which is why they still remain in these newly discovered old spaces that people are converting into stylish restaurants and stores.  Sheet metal is cheap and can be hammered and pressed into really interesting patterns and shapes. Here are a few products that caught my eye.

tin ceiling pattern chart from North Georgia Metals and Stone

hand hammered tin boxes from Indonesia - at Serena & Lily


Mexican mirror from website Southwest and Beyond








1 comment:

  1. I want to buy it,
    What should I do to buy it?
    Pl, answer me in email : alonehome79@gmail.com
    tks

    ReplyDelete